The Faculty of Education at the University of British Columbia invites applications for the position of Head, Educational & Counselling Psychology, and Special Education (ECPS). ECPS is one of four Departments in the Faculty of Education, and has graduate programs in Counselling Psychology; Human Learning Development, and Culture; Measurement, Evaluation and Research Methodology; School Psychology; and Special Education. It has a strong commitment to and respect for issues related to diversity and inclusion and a strong level of interest and activity related to a range of scholarship and projects locally, nationally and internationally.
We are currently seeking applications from individuals with an international reputation and a strong record of research and publication in one or more of the Department’s programmatic areas and related fields. Applicants are expected to demonstrate commitment to equity and social justice. Individuals should possess the desire to interact with colleagues who have a range of interests in the various fields of study within the department, the Faculty of Education, the University, and the wider community.
President’s Advisory Committee Members:
- Dr. Blye Frank Chair and Dean
- Dr. Kadriye Ercikan (ECPS) Departmental Faculty Representative
- Dr. Shelley Hymel (ECPS) Departmental Faculty Representative
- Dr. Laurie Ford (ECPS) Departmental Faculty Representative
- Dr. Marla Buchanan (ECPS) Departmental Faculty Representative
- Dr. Anita Hubley (ECPS) Departmental Faculty Representative
- Mr. Louai Rahal (ECPS) Graduate Student Representative
- Ms. Jacqueline Webb (ECPS) Staff Representative
- Dr. Mark Beauchamp (KIN) External Representative
- Dr. Mona Gleason (EDST) External Representative